Last time at Potteries Hackspace…
After the suspense I left last week I decided to go the whole hog and start with a recap, so if you cast your mind back a bit you’ll remember last time…
We were looking at connecting the Raspberry Pi to a touch screen monitor and well we’re one step closer. Everything is connected, it’s now a case of configuring the software. 3D printing… Soon.
Dave and Will came down armed with their laptops and random bits of hardware, such as a roomba that Will was working on, with a front mounted camera.
Eye spy with my little eye!
The idea is that soon enough we’ll have a video streaming wireless robot roaming the hackspace that you can control. Pretty neat huh?
Look busy everyone, I’m taking a photo… Here’s the team busily working on the 3D printer and roomba robot respectively.
Here’s the end result. It sort of looks like a monster that found its way out of our storeroom at the moment, but before long we’ll be able to transform it into a proper piece of kit that looks the part too.
Plus lots of masking tape…
If you were paying attention, you’ll also see Jib’s bike in the background that John and he were working on.
On yer bike!
We’ve got videos this week of the Roomba in action.
Next time at Potteries Hackspace…
- Dave’s coming down with the mission to fix Sarah’s printer. Will he turn up and get it done?
- Will DanW turn up with the bits we need for our 3D printer?
- Will I actually get this this Raspberry Pi connected to a screen!?
- Will’s finishing his Roomba robot to go full wireless and become a hackspace scout with a full web based API so you can annoy the hell out of us. Will Will will his will power and not wilt?
- Will I ever stop making bad jokes?
- Will any more people turn up to check out what’s going down at Potteries Hackspace?!
Who knows… but find out next time here at the Potteries Hackspace blog…
See you tonight at 7PM!